Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Friday, November 9, 2007

random thoughts

So lately I have been pondering the idea of having more children. No, not just child but CHILDREN.
I like the ones we have and can't see why any other Meserpods would be any less lovable and fascinating to obseve on a daily basis.

Drawbacks are the long 9 months of vomiting, terrible mood swings that make me question my entire existence, and fitful sleep. Also, I have no idea what it is like to have to show up for work at 430 in the mornig while being pregnant.

Oh, and I have never really enjoyed potty training very much.

Of course they could very well turn out to be teenagers, which I hear commonly occurs after the 13th birthday.

The "pro" list, of course is much longer.

So very long, actually, that it pretty much overrides the bad stuff.

I think we are pretty good at what we do here (raising kids), and I'm sure that Jeff would be just at good with a newborn as he was with Mallory when i left him in charge. (she was 6 months old when I went to work).

Now, the big question is when would I like to do this? Jeff would be fine with anytime...today, tomorrow, a year from now...whenever I feel like it is a good time.
I 'm not really sure. I was going through a pile of clothes from the baby, and it just sort of hit me....
Am I putting this stuff away for another Messerman, or am I bagging it up to give away forever?

I thought I might be done with babies after Mallory. I even gave away the baby car seats and the baby swings. But those darn newborn onesies kept tugging at my mind and my heart and I just have not been able to give them away.

I was talking to a woman at Tae Kwon Do last week and she said "oh, you'll KNOW when you are done....when someone has a new baby and asks you if you want to hold them and you say 'no thanks!'.....THAT is when you really know!"

Well, I put it to the test, and I guess I don't think I am done yet.

Oh, and the fact that I am approaching 35 sort of gets me thinking about it too. If I were to wait 3 years or so, I woud be REALLLY close to 40, and I'm not so sure about being 40 and standing on my feet all day while pregnant.

so, that is about all I have to say about that.

It is what it is.

3 comments:

Mel said...

I would love to hold any future messermans. Love babies that aren't mine!!! You know I am done. I would disagree with the TKD woman though. I know I am done, however, would still love to hold anyone elses, especially yours. I gotta see you and the rest of the family soon!!!

karmadog said...

Children suck.

supermiffy said...

well, we will make one as soon as I can find my way to drop another 50 pounds of rump roast from my midsection!

lean cuisine and california rolls, here i come!