Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Friday, October 31, 2008

its the final COUNTDOWN!!!

This just in....10 more weeks to go for the goal of 36 weeks! WOO-HOO!

Still walking around without a limp! actually, I did the "cabbage patch" the other day...it sorta freaked out my hubby. I guess seeing that much baby-belly doing a 1980's hip-hop dance would freak me out too.
Went to see the cardiologist last week also about the irregular heartbeat I have been having. So far everything is checking out as okay....whew!
Nothing more freaky than knowing you are responsible for a large family and wondering if something is wrong with your ticker! I have to go get an ultrasound on my heart next week to make sure it is nothing big. So far the doctors think it is just caused by having 2 kids growing and slowly taking over my body. update to follow!

Anyhow, the last baby-doc visit was on Wednesday, and I am officially growing at a faster rate than a single pregnancy. I guess that until this month, the belly was measuring the same as a singleton. Not the case this week...I have officially jumped from 26 to 30 in weeks-measured. That also puts total weight gained at 17 pounds. The babies are over 2 pounds each now.

I have no idea what to expect in the next month, but EVERY single time I go to the doctor they keep on giving me this speech about how it is all going to get ugly very very soon. I appreciate the warnings, but COME ON! Isn't it bad enough to just KNOW things could be getting harder and harder without someone reminding me every 2 weeks. Maybe they just think that I am supposed to be more miserable by now?

The conversation goes something like this every time....
nurse/doc: SO....how ARE you?
me: pretty good!
nurse/doc: REALLY?
me: yep!
them: Are you still working?
me: oh, yeah....
them: part-time, now, right?
me: No, actually, still full-time!
them: REALLY?
me: yep!
them: any problems walking?
me: well, my right leg goes numb after standing for too long, but, so far so good.
them: REALLY?
me: yep.
them: You DO know that things WILL be getting harder.....MUCH HARDER for you to do soon, right?
me: that's what I hear...I just hope I can keep going. my husband takes good care of me when I am home...I think that helps a lot.

them: well, don't be too surprised if you have to stop soon!

me: I know, I know....I'm just trying to be optimistic and hope for the best. I'd like to work until the end if possible.
them: well...you know...just don't get to set on that!
me: yes, yes, I know.
them: You DO know that it IS going to get pretty bad soon, though...right? I mean, you really might get pretty uncomfortable and miserable towards the end now....
me: yes, yes.....thanks for the warning! See you in 2 weeks!

So, I leave every visit wondering when the bomb is going to drop. I am hoping it will never happen, and that I will just get slower and slower at doing everything. I mean, it is not impossible to do this, right?

No comments: