Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

a return to bloggo! again!

well, for those of you who still stop by from time to time, I have not abandoned my post! I do have a pretty legit reason for my blogging hiatus.

We were without internet in the house for over 2 months.

In an attempt to "stick it to the man", we decided to leave our sbc/att internet because they refused to send us a new modem after a thunderstorm. Not an unreasonable request, considering we have phone, email, cell with the company and have been with them through all the various name/company changes.

nope. they refused after I ever-so humbly begged (gently threatened to leave) them to replace the 90 dollar modem. So, I figured we would dump them and go with someone else.

No such luck. apparently, when you live out in the country, everyone buys dsl from att..even the smaller independent companies. We tried using the whole "free wi-fi" at various local coffee shops, but it is annoying to have to go somewhere when you just want to check email or look something up.

So here we are, tails between our legs, calling att back to set our "new" dsl account. Guess what? The modem still aint free. aaaagggghhh!

On the upside "new" customers get the luxury of a "rebate" for signing up, so in the end, I guess we are sort of getting the modem for free?

anyhow, I'm back, the babies are getting rowdy in my belly, and I need cake. now.

No comments: