Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Can a big gal TRI?

Now THAT is a silly question! If ever there was a bigger gal to prove conventions wrong it would be MOI. I know I am not what most people think of as FIT or TRIM or SKINNY or any other word you can think of to describe the typical athlete, but guess what? ME VALE MADRE'! (translation: "I don't give a bleeeeeeeeep!") Somewhere along the road TV and magazines decided to hide away all of the people who can't shop at the store "2 4 6" and tell us we are not worthy of love, admiration or anything good in the world if you are not a slim, trim barbie doll. To heck with that nonsense!

Ever heard of the tortoise and the hare? Well, I am the tortoise in the Bugs bunny cartoon that outwits the super-cool snide little bugs bunny who thinks he knows better.

You may be asking yourself where I am going with this, no? Well, let me let you in on a little secret....I AM A TRIathlete. There could be no better title for it, becasue I TRI to be an athlete. Let me let you in on something else...It isn't the exercise that is hard, it isn't how hard the work is that is hard.....it is all the old voices in my head that have taken up residence for far to long.

what do these voices say? "you are too fat." "you are....

OLD

UGLY

DUMB

RIDICULOUS

SLOW

NOT LIKE WHAT EVERONE ELSE IS LIKE

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

BEING LAUGHED AT.


Well guess what...I'm not afraid to admit to these guys that they may have ruled my world for 30 plus years, but I have officially served them with an eviction notice!


That's right evil-twin negative thoughts, you are no longer valid...do not pass GO, do NOT collect 200 dollars. Want to know why you are no longer welcome, and are no longer a threat, and are no longer going to rule my life, my thoughts, my everyday existence?

BECAUSE I HAVE PROVED YOU WRONG.

I can run longer, swim longer, bike further, kick butt at kickboxing, give birth without so much as a TYLENOL, and put out a forest fire BETTER THAN ANY NEGATIVE THOUGHT could anyday. I am SUPERMIFF....I have 2 things that many people who would say I can't do it don't have....

perserverence and indominatable spirit.



LAUGH ALL YOU WANT BUGS BUNNY. GAFFAW AS I CREEP UP BEHIND YOU AT A SNAILS PACE. butremember this...


THE TORTOISE ALWAYS FUCKING WINS.


yep, that's right, I have love handles, a spare tire, junk in the trunk, and mom-arms....but guess what? there are muscles beneath the surface that can run miles, lift small vehicles, and move pianos all by myself.
That is me in a t-shirt and undies.

TAKE THAT, NEGATIVE THOUGHTS!



To my fellow friend in the TRI-world, mel....keep on waddling down the path, I'll be right there behind you.

3 comments:

karmadog said...

(psst... you rock!)

Nicole said...

Hello my young, beautiful, brilliant, hilarious, speedy, (okay, you're still not like everyone else, but in a GOOD way), just as good as(if not better than), what's to laugh about? friend!

I love ya, and I respect you even more.

Welcome to the blogging world.
*muah*

TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

That's a pretty fuckin' good post!

"THE TORTOISE ALWAYS FUCKING WINS."

So funny, and yet so true.