Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Saturday, June 30, 2007

How much does happiness cost?...About 98.50!

What a lovely day it has turned out to be. Come to think of it, anyday that you are still breathing is pretty good, right? I guess I will quote one of my favorite guys again..."As long as you are still breathing, there is more right with you than wrong with you" ( That's Mr Kabat-Zinn talking)

I had come home from another nice day at work today and things just kept on getting better as the day progressed.
Everyone I worked with today was in a pretty good mood, and I went about my ususal business at SBUX ...It's nice to pick a ridiculous song and make everyone sing along. Today I decided we (my fellow starbuckians and myself) should sing "2 legit...2legit to quit!" randomly throughout the day. Nothing throws people off more than to be waking up to a cup of Cafe' Verona and a little song and dance before 7 a.m. '

Anyhows, I had a lovely day at my job, as per the usual, and I got to come home to my little housey in cedarburger. What a nice little house! My father-in-law had been over the previous day and done a little yardwork with Jeff. He left me his electric trimmer so I could borrow it for a few days. Let's just say trimming the bushes makes me happy. (Strange, but true)

As a sidenote here, anyone who has known me for a bit knows that I LOVE to work in the yard. Maybe it is the "beaner" in me, maybe I just love the outdoors, but I have been know to invite myself into someone ELSE'S yard (yes, to do THEIR yard) when I did not have a home of my own.
So, I came home and hung out with Furgzilla for a bit, he decided to go play ball with a friend, and the kids were asleep so what does that mean?......

stop.TRIMMER-TIME!

i proceeded to trim my little heart out until I began to hear little goos and gaas from inside the baby's room. Jane was playing in her room and just chillin'

I knew I wanted to keep on trimming, but children have needs, so I put my little friend back in the garage. ( I also decided to name Mr. Trimmer "Jorge" since I have NO Hispanic friends or anyone to speak spanish to.)


By this time I was completely shiny with smelliness, so I figured it was time to hit the pool. Jane and I got into our suits, and Mallory got into her little swim diaper. We all took the plunge and it was WONDERFUL!


Who knew a cheap little pool that costs 98.50 could bring sooo much joy. THe kids are happy, I'm happy, we are surrounded by birds hopping from treetop to treetop, tweeting and chirping away. Jane and I became very still and looked upwards into the blue blue sky. Mallory was lounging on a baby floaty like the queen of sheba whilst sipping on a warm bottle of milk.


I can honetly say I have never enjoyed another swimming experience as much as I did today. And all it took was a garden hose and 98.50


I've spent more on trips, waterpark tickets, airfare, bus time, packing/unpacking, hotels, blahblahblah. Silly, silly me.

all this time the answers were right there in front of me in my own backyard.

Perhaps when I am 92 and slowly sipping some tea on the back deck with Jeff, it will be a memory I can call upon again and again.


Just in case you are feelin' down and out, swing by wauwatosa ave. and honk the horn. Chances are, we'll be home....bring your suit, we'll supply the towels.

Peace.

No comments: