Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Yes, I'm a blog virgin

There's this new thing all the kids seem to be doing these days...I hear it is called blogging or yogging, with a soft "Y". (sorry, I couldn't reisist the reference to "anchorman") Well, anyhows, I am not one to follow most mainstream trends, but some things cannot be denied forever. I tried to not have a cellyphone, but alas, it seems that my phone bills are actually CHEAPER if we have one.
I also tried to NOT have Cablevision on the television, but then I cannot view reruns of Three's company at my leisure....enter DISHNETWORK. I feel I have somehow outsmarted these trends by using them for my own needs....I use DISH because I can use DVR and not have to watch another commercial EVER AGAIN. I use the cellphone to have cheaper internet/long distance and also so I never have to memorize my home phone number. You may say this is all silliness, but me thinks it is best to have a reason (however strange) to justify that which I am opposed to ethically or otherwise.
That being said, I have decided to begin the blog. It is similar to my cellyphone use..now I will never have to try and remember anyon else's blog addresses or how to find them because I can link them to my own.
Being of the Bipolar persuasion (technically "cyclothmic"...whatever..nutty is nutty, no matter how nutty you want to call it)I have no shortage of racing thoughts and ideas that the brain would like to share with WHOMEVER may or may not be listening. There is only so much idle chatter my hubby can listen to before he gently makes the "sushy" sound to let me know I have prattled on for long enough. Besides. I am tired of being out of the loop with some of the fun and interesting people I have come to make acquaintence with in the past year or so. Namely, it would be nice to check in with some like-minded individuals who are gently treading their way through this life.
Lastly I make this blog not for my hubby or friends or even the kids...it's for me, dammit, because I deserve it! Life was pretty hard the first 30 or so years, and now I am living my best life....truly enjoying each day by trying to remember to do one thing and one thing only...."pay attention, in the present moment, non-judgementally, as if your life depends on it." A wise fellow named Jon Kabat-Zinn put it pretty well, and I am trying to put it into action, moment by moment. So enjoy this blog, chana as you look back on it 50 years form now with the children gone and grown, and the grandkids laughing at how strange their granny is. look back and laugh at yourself, the rest of you out there who may or may not be reading...try some laughing yoga and see how silly worrying about anything is.
Life is good, life is easy, and the universe has everything in the world you dream of...you just have to ask for it!

1 comment:

TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Remember, the strange ones are ALWAYS the most interesting.

I've always appreciated your sense of humor. I can't wait to read more. Carry on, and welcome aboard!