Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Sunday, September 16, 2007

me likey to bikey

My lovely friend and I braved the chilly air this morning to go on the fun bike for Wisconsin event today. I think we were both thinking illy thoughts of self-doubt at first, but they were soon eliminated as the wind blew, and the landscape whizzed past us. It is not the easiest thing, sometimes, when people whiz past you in color-coordinated lycra oufits and they weigh less than their bicycles, while you slowly climb the hill! Anyway, we did it, enjoyed it, and felt right at home with the friendly bikers on the road.

The ride was great, and I found all new trails that were close to my very own home here in Cedarburg...how cool to live in the town that the WHOLE state drives to for it's yearly fundraising ride.

Horns Corners road was especialiy gorgeous, with little gentle rolling hills and trees galore. We had a nice little rest stop at The Covered Bridge park...of course, this too was breathtaking in it's loveliness and splendor

Even better than the ride itself was the nice time spent connecting with a good friend who knows me in ways i find hard to explain. She is a good person with a good heart and great intentions for herself. Like myself, she often struggles with the problems associated with mood disorders. I myself have unfortunately suffered through times of such self-loathing, that it was difficult to continue living for myself, so instead I hung in there for others until I could find the strength to love and accept myself.

As time passes, all the notions of self have begun to dissolve and I am happy and grateful for each day that I no longer feel the intense feelings I once did. It is amazing to realize that a person who had been so routinely programmed to not value themselves CAN actually learn to simply like themselves. To whose who may still be in the deep and murky waters of depression, I say, keep swimming, and keep going, pretend if you have to, daily. Eventually you will find your way back to the sunshine and the simple pleasures of life.

No comments: