Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Wanted: meditation advice/direction?

I would like to ask the question of anyone reading if they have or do use Mala beads. I would like to increase my meditations from my thrice daily mindfulness moments to something perhaps a bit more involved or in depth?

I'm not sure I am using the correct language for what it is I am in want of doing, but as of now, I find myself reading and re-reading writing of persons or sages whose words or messages resonate with me. I also have practice of practicing mindfulness when the alarm on my watch goes off....I have it set to go off 3 times a day, (at a randomly picked hour) and once in the early morning.

perhaps I am wondering if anyone enjoys the use of malas, or if they can offer some guidance as to piking or finding an appropriate mantra?

If you have any information, please let me know!

5 comments:

karmadog said...

I lent someone a REALLY great dook called "A Practical Guide to Buddhist Meditation," by Parananda. If I get it back soon, I'll let you borrow it.

If you can't wait, it's a Barnes & Noble book, so you could get it from there.

karmadog said...

dook = book.

I lent someone dook once, but I don't want it back.

TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

I want it!

karmadog said...

NO DOOK FOR YOU!!!

-- Dook Nazi

supermiffy said...

i would be happy to borrow your book, but not your dookie