Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, August 16, 2007

And now for something NOT depressing!

We will be licensed foster parents by the state in less than 4 months! That means we could be getting to know some kids who need a home very, very soon.

I would think that for the majority of american kids, having a "forever home" before another xmas passes would be very important. My sources say this is indeed a distinct possibility.

I was talking to furgzilla last night and was wondering how the whole "xmas" and channukah thing would pan out in our house...the kids we would be interested are not coming from a jewish home, so I guess we would celebrate both for no, until they are old enough to understand the whold dealio.....bonus! twice the presents, twice the excuse to get spoiled rotten, right?

In other news....

I am getting my first promotion next week, and will also be moving up the sbux ladder again in the near future. I look forward to my new duties, and getting to know more about the business itself.

Also, THERE WILL BE ANOTHER COFFEE SEMINAR ON 8-30 FROM 7-8PM AT THE GERMANTOWN STARBUCKS.

Anyone interested, is welcome, let me know so that I can plan for you to be there. It helps to have more people there...the more the merrier, you know!

Lastly, I had a lovely time at Ikea browsing for bunkbeds on Tuesday.

smootchies and have a great day

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I always feel so proud to have you as my friend. I look up to you as someone who knows who she is, and is an open book about it to everyone she meets. That is an admirable trait.

Lookout, Sbux. Miffy's the new sheriff in town!

P.S. Can't make it on the 30th due to other plans, but would have liked to come. Next time!

supermiffy said...

yer sweet.

mmmmmmuah!
That's a big smootch fer you.