Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Friday, August 24, 2007

My husband is growing a muffin top

Okay, now don't think I am cruel, but is is possible that my husband has been nesting a bit too much, like most stay-at-homes do. It seems he is starting to fall prey to the "lemme finish that for you" syndrome that happens when you are around kids.
It goes a little bit like this:
"Oh, you can't finish your little cheeseburger? I'll finish for you." Insert any given food item interchangeably, and the mom or dad who stays home will "finish it off".

He is neither flabby or unattractive, mind you...quite the opposite, he is a little bit cuter, but of course we could all stand to slim down. I think it is just that settling -in -to -your -new -job -as a- mom kind of weight.

To be fair, this "pregnancy" ( the adoptive one, that is) is HIS turn to stay home and lounge around, gaining weight little by little.

In related news, I think he hasn't had a shower in about 4 days, and he is in desperate need of a haircut.

You may be thinking he is lazy, or letting himself go, but again, I think it is that 'mom is too busy to get a shower" syndrome that those of us who have stayed home with kiddles know about.

So basically, he is a little squishy, a little shaggy, and a tad stinko.

I still think he's adorable and oh so very scrumptious to nibble on.

Strange enough, he looks good no matter what. Damn him and his cute little eyelashes.

5 comments:

Jeffrey said...

Now see here woman!

I resemble all your remarks...

Um, er...

Are you gonna' finish that?

TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Jeez, and you're all over me for being unhealthy?

Jeffrey said...

Heh...

I'll let my wife answer that one for you, Senor Nada Vegetable...

Hit it, baby, he's all yours!

Jeffrey said...

Or would it be Senor Vegetable Nunca? Hmm...

TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

30 lbs. since June 4th. I've lost. You've found?