Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Coffee Seminar next thursday!

I am hosting monthly coffee seminars at the germantown sbux. they consisto of me picking a theme and/or coffees and presenting them for tasting and study.
Last month was lots of fun. The theme was "it's summertime! Terraza blend and Tanzania.

so the fun part is that I pick the coffees or the theme and then I find a "perfect pair" for them.

We sit around sip the coffees, taste the pairs and sip some more. I tell the peeps who come about the coffees. About the farms, the processing methods, aroma, body, etc.

It is really a lot of fun. So, the next one is on Thursday the 19th from 630-730 pm.

The featured coffees this time are Gazebo blend and House blend. Plus I will be making a fun Iced version of Gazebo with oranges and limes.mmmmmm! citrusy and yummy.

In other fun Sbux news, I found out that the district Manager wants me to have WEEKLY seminars, but the store does not have the amount of labor hours to afford to have me do it.

I also get to do the "coffee masters" program now instead of one year form now, which is super cool. You get a black apron that says 'coffee master" on it, which may seem silly to some as something to get excited about, but I am super happy about it.

Although I am having a great time with my "coffee journey" at the sbux, it is not completely without minor problems. There are other partners who have been with the company much longer than I have, and they have their own issues with why I get to do all this cool stuff, and they do NOT. They say it is not fair and that I have not been there as long as they have. I really do not let it bother me because it is my job, and I truly am passionate about what I do. I love the company, what it stands for, and all the great things they do for their employees from the growers all the way to the baristas.

It is definitely, without a doubt, the best place I have ever worked. I can easily see myself working there in 20 years. I know people may think it is a "corporate" company, but this "big" company does so much more for each partner, each farmer, each community than any other coffee purveyor I have ever heard of.

Enough about my love for all things starbucks.

If you are available on Thursday night, and would like to come and taste some coffee, lemme know, and I will save you a spot!

In other news, I have PMS and have decided that in order to keep my husband from throwing out my strawberry-picking ice cream bucket, I will wear it as a hat.


look away, this is not a pretty sight.



Is the shoto farm still able to have picking? Am I too late for the berries? I wanna make more jam!!!!!


later gators.

6 comments:

Mel said...

Told ya we shoulda picked more!!! Nice hat. I have one very similiar, without the blue bunny logo. I wanna come have coffee!! Send me directions and I'll try to swing it! Maybe the male versions can hang out with the kids and I can drink coffee!!

karmadog said...

Bring me back coffee or I may have to drink the kids.

Jeffrey said...

The "male versions."

Wow, Greg n' I are basically just a software release...

I wonder what Male Version 2.0 will look like?

supermiffy said...

I guess you were right....I only got about 6 little jars of jam out of that whole bucket! I was just a little woried I would not have time to do 2 batches of jam.

Messerjam....mmmmmmm!
Oh, yes, the strbucks is in Germantown on Mequon road....easy to find, one mile or so off of the freeway 41/45.
see youse soon!

supermiffy said...

male version 2.0? I don't want a new hubby!

Sissy said...

wish you were here with coffee or i was there...we love coffee...yum.