Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Five more months until the next TRI!

December will be here before we know it. As I drove past soccer fields tonight on the way home from the Y, I thought? Geez, winter will be here and outdoor sports will only consist of lameness such as the neadertal sport of choice...football.

The whole Tri thing is definitely becoming more and more addictive with each passing day. When I go for a run, for a small moment I think: "can I REALLY do this?"

Yes.

When I am in the pool, I visualize swimming in the open waters, which could be cloudy and choppy. Is the open water more difficult to maneuver? I think not.

To be honest, the least favorite leg right now is the bike....I used to travel long distances as a teenager on my bike, but as time has passed and weight has found it's way to the midsection, the idea of pedalling along and having my boobs move up and down is just a little annoying.


No matter, I will do it anyway and enjoy every strangely comic moment of it.

Yesterday was swimming and run. Today was swim, then weight training. I even tried to practice changing into my clothes quickly....it sort makes the idea of the "transition" in the Tri seem all that much more real.

Visualizing was very helpful in quieting an otherwise pretty noisy mind today.

also, the whole Spanish-only thing in the house has been lots of fun.

I think Jeffy likes it because he is somehow pretending my name is "Lupita", his dirty little Hispanic maid.

There has been a lot of "Si senorita" going on around here!

6 comments:

TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Am I reading this correctly? Swimming in the open water... in December? I thought only the Polar Bears did that.

Jeffrey said...

Dé palmadas a mi señora de asno!!!

TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Give claps to my lady of burro?

Jeffrey said...

Yeah baby!

supermiffy said...

Nice try, honey, pero la proxima vez, POR FAVOR, no usas burro!

Por el amor de Dios, soy un conejito, no un burro!

!Que carray!

Sissy said...

oh man i need to brush up on my spanish also.... i'm so lost.
Pedo me puede intindo.... I'll try?it has been years for my spanish. If you dont use it you'll lose it & that goes for alot of things hahaha.
Sissy