Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The joy of NOT doing.

Lately I have decided to do less.

talk less, think more.

worry less, work on self more.

preach less, practice more.

frown less,laugh more.

grumble less, thank more.

scold less, praise more.


regret less, aspire more.


hate less, love more.


seems easy enough on paper, it is a list of things just about any person would agree is a good thing to do less of/more of. Strange thing is, it only takes one moment of one day to start UNdoing the good stuff and begin to fall into old habits, old patterns, old ideas, notions, thoughts, dogmas, old and more familiar ways of doing just about EVERYTHING we do in any given moment.



I put a bracelet on in the morning a couple days a week simply because I dislike wearing bracelets when I work. They get in my way, and the get wet and annoying. Why wear the bracelet, then? because it is a physical reminder to manifest that which I choose to call my own ideology. Too quickly the gossip and drama of the job can suck you into the mean and vicious web of negativity.


The bracelet is gently and silently nudging me...."psst! remember me? Remember what you said you wanted to do today and what you wanted to NOT do? Just thought I would remind you, silly!"
Some days I could use 19 bracelets, a necklace, some nose rings and an arrow through the head, just to stop myself form doing all the wrong things.
Today was another nice day.
Didn't even need the bracelet.


2 comments:

Jeffrey said...

I could leave a long-winded, loose lipped, yappy jawed response to this but in the spirit of your thesis...

simply...

I love this post.

The End.

karmadog said...

Me too. You're a brilliant strategist.