Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, July 2, 2007

please don't hate me for being a pinko

Okay, so everyone knows I am a beaner. truth is, I am a bit of a commie(sorry). I actually have legal dual citzenship in both the US and MEXICO (arriba, arriba!) wheich was illegal until about 8 or so years ago. This means I can go to college for free in mexico, get free healthcare, and am entitled all sorts of "basic human rights" the rest of you kids may not get becasue you aren't citzens of a 3rd world country. (don't get me started)




whew! it is hard not to keep on ranting sometimes! Anyhow, on that note, I would like to know why EVERYTHING American has to be BIGGER, FASTER, BETTER, NOW! I know all the right-wingers out there are cringing at the idea of not having everything BIGGER, FASTER, BETTER, NOW! They will say it is our right as an AMERICAN to have what we want, when we want, as fast as we want it no matter whose little kid in China has to work day and night to make it.

To you I say SHADDDAP! Your opion is not needed, wanted or welcome here becasue guess what? I already know all your lame reasons (ahem, rationalizations). That said, I would like to point out a tiny little example of how we Americans are force feeding everything BIGGER, FASTER, BETTER, NOW! down our kids' throats. And before I give this example, YES, I own a TV, and YES, I let my kids watch it.

Follow these little links (which my hubba-loo so graciously has edited in for me) to see a perfect example of US versus Them on TV.
Click on the happy spider to download the first example.


The first example is "wow-wow wubzy" a show on a network I actually prefer my kids view(Noggin). Seemingly harmless, kid-firendly, great designs, etc. It even hammers home a nice little message with every show. NOw, the show is okay with me, but I can't help but feel a little overstimulated whilst I view it. I wanna run, jump around, and chant this song over and over until I pass out and develop ADD or ADHD or some other overstimulated version of myself.




The second example is a quaint little show from the BBC called "KIPPER". A sort of British take on "the odd couple" 2 friends and various acquaintences have adventures in their everyday settings....Everything about THIS show is:

...soothing...

...relaxing...

...tranquil...

...calming...


When I watch Kipper, I enjoy the minimalist style the artist has chosen to tell his little stories. Many are kipper's little adventures while daydreaming or imagining. I have NEVER seen one of my kids bounce off the walls like they do after watching a show like "wubzy"

FER CHRISSAKES>>>> even the title of the show has "WOW-WOW" in it! Not one , but TWO wow's!


Enough is enough.

I rest my case.

1 comment:

karmadog said...

Miffy-san, I SO have videos to lend you tomorrow!

And... don't hate us for our gratuitously large TV.