Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, July 30, 2007

HOLY SHIT!

Sorry for the vulgarity, folks, but holy cow, have I got some BIG NEWS.

Are you sitting down?

okay, good.

Here it comes.....

WE ARE HAVING TWINS!!!!

you read it right, twins!

A baby girl and a baby BOY (finally!)
I am so unbelievably happy right now, that I am with out a good description of how happy I am! ME, SPEECHLESS? YEP!

So, I think most everybody knows we were originally looking to adopt a toddler, and were in the process of having a home study done at the beginning of the year. Well the next part of the story is that I ran into a gal I used to work with, and she was pregnant, and not wanting to keep the baby. She was willing to give the baby to us, and we were more than grateful to receive the baby.

Well, that was in March, and we knew the baby was due end of October/November.
The mother was not too keen on going to the doctor, and had been putting it off for a LONG time..I was actually beginning to worry a bit, because she was 4, 5, 6 months pregnant without any prenatal care. But, who's to judge, this baby was coming, healthy, or not, with or without the doctor check-ups.

The mom had been complain that this pregnancy was "Different" than the last, and she was way more uncomfortable and tired, etc.

All I could do was offer to hook her up with the needed connections for insurance and the midwife I had used previously....I urged her to go, and hoped for the best.


That was about one month ago....

SO, I stopped in to see her at her job today and asked how things were.

she says that she went to the doctor.

I was on pins and needles to hear ANY news at this point. I asked if ever thing was okay,and if the baby was healthy, if she was okay, etc.

She says:

"Oh, I'm fine, but THIS one AND THIS ONE are a real pain!"

I was hooting and howling, jumping up and down, and then I realized she might be just kidding me. I asked if she had a definite due date,and then she said:

"End of October....wanna see the ultrasound pictures?"

And there they were, two little cuties, nestled up together.
Picture one: "baby girl"
Picture two: "baby boy"

Can you believe it?
I only found out a few hours ago, and I feel like I am finding out I am pregnant for the first time all over again....I tried to call Jeffy, but there was no answer at home....AAAAAGGGGHHHHH!
I had to sit on the news for the next few hours all by myself!

SO now I guess the real preparations need to begin....we gave away all of Mallory's baby stroller/car seat combo thingies and a whole lot of other "new baby" things because we thought we were done with "little" babies.

Holy crap, I got get this place together so Jeff and run the ship while I am at work!

I don't even have the cribs yet? AAAAGGGGHHHH!! Holy cow!

The minivan only hold 7, and we are going to be a family of SEVEN in just 2+ months.

Abby better learn how to change a diaper really, really soon, because Jeff and I are going to have our hands VERY, VERY full, very, very, soon.

Anybody got any "twin" advice for us?

Got any cribs/swings/car seats you have been meaning to get rid of in a garage sale, and have been putting it off?

Send 'em our way, we can use ALL the help we can get!!!

I guess this means I am also gonna have to go shopping for that REALLY little baby stuff, too, like "preemie" size, because they will probably be a lot smaller.
We are also taking name suggestions.

holy shit.

With that said, I leave you....I better get a full night's sleep while I can.

HOOORAY FOR MORE MESSER-BABIES!!!!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I am beside myself in wonderment at how things like this happen to you guys! LOL.

What a freakin' awesome thing.

(can't wait to hear what certain people have to say about this news! ;-))

You can borrow my crib, bassinet, and anything else you would find handy that I won't need for a little while.

Schedule a day off because we're going SHOPPING!!

I love ya.

karmadog said...

I think when the new li'l ones arrive, you should get a strobe light and a disco ball for the living room, put everybody (including dogs) in the middle of the floor and let 'er fly.

supermiffy said...

what do you mena."when they arrive?"
we alrady have that dico ball, but it ispart of a retractable ceiling fixture so that when Jeff's mom and dad come over, they think we just have a ceiling fan.

if you need to dico we are open form 330 am until 8pm.
clothes are optional.