Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

love what you do!

Sounds kinda corny to some people, but that is the slogan an SBUX, and I really think it is a great one.
It is so nice to get up in the morning (sometimes 330 in the morning!) and actually look forward to going to work...imagine that.

I get to go play with coffee all day long and watch people's faces and eyes light up over and over again. Seems hard to believe that doing something as simple as knowing what someone drinks (Iced Decaf venti americano, extra cream) can rally make someone genuinely happy.

I just came home from work and I had another great day.I was at work from 430 this morning, and it is already 6pm and it feels like I was only there 4 or 5 hours.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely cherish the days off. All the other I jobs I had would take advantage of a person who will always show up and do their job well.

Not Starbucks...they only schedule you 5 days a week and NEVER EVER ask you to work overtime. A rested Barista is a happy Barista!

Another great thing about my job is all the great benefits and how there is always something new to learn. It really is an art, and if you take it seriously, a regular old Latte' can be quite delicious and magnificent if made with a little bit of love.

I like my co-workers, even if half of them are neurotic, and actually look forward to seeing them, even the complainers, if you can believe that!

Did I mention all the free drinks you care to have while you are working?
Yummy!
Anyhow, it is just nice to know that I can work in a place that really does it's best to provide a great place to work.

'nuf said!

4 comments:

karmadog said...

Ask my wife about her dream job sometime.

Mel said...

Chana knows about my dream job!

karmadog said...

Really? What is it?

supermiffy said...

silly boy, it would be barista by day, walmart greeter by night!
oh, yeah, and dominatrix on the weekends!